Saturday, November 19, 2016

I may be a babbler by nature but it's a selective nuisance, I mostly only babble to my closest friends and family; people I'm comfortable with. It just so happens I'm also comfortable with world wide web hehe. But if it entertains you in the slightest, my goals as a blogger have been met. What you though it's because I love to write? Nope I prefer to entertain, writing just happens to be a means to an end.

My current title and occupation happens to be mother. Mother to a very "focused" to put it nicely, 1 year old girl who happens to be extremely focused on my laptop at the moment, poking the screen and the keys, being told no, crying for 2 seconds, touching the screen again, talking cute this time, calling it the only word she says "pu- pu" puppy (won't fall for it...again), being told no again, this time she's wallowing around until she "accidentally" touches it, gets told no, cries for another 2 seconds, wants to be held, as soon as she sits on my lap she reaches for the keys. I could go on with this play by play, but it will not end until bedtime, nothing distracts this kid.

If you're a mom, I know you understand my reality quite well, but what you may or may not understand is I birthed a toddler, there was never a chilled out point in her life, she came out wanting to go, and I was her legs. The problem with that is I am a lazy person, I'm not a big mover. So she had to adapt the best she could. I was singing praises when she started crawling and even walking.

Now the biggest issue is working on sleeping through the night, which she was doing but she regressed for some reason back to waking up every night. Not cool, like many people I get cranky and emotional with a lack of sleep, although the severity of my issue greatly lessened after having a baby. The funny thing is I hate sleeping, I need a full night of it to function decently but I really like being awake. But staying up late and waking up early as I like to do aren't conducive to my character. And it eventually ends in a sort of emotional hangnail that needs to be released in the form of a teary meltdown. To avoid the latter situation I'm going to go to bed.

Ta ta for now.

-The Babbling Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous with your comment!